A quick shrimp skillet for those looking for a healthy weeknight meal. It’s zesty, full of life, dee-licious!
Café Sid Notes: OUR NOTES
ingredients1 lb. shrimp, peeled and deveined
1 tsp garlic, minced
1/2 teaspoon ginger, minced (or ginger paste)
4 Tbsp honey
2 Tbsp soy sauce
2 Tbsp lime juice
1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
4 Tbsp fresh cilantro, finely chopped
Pepper to taste
- Combine the sauce ingredients and divide it into half.
- Marinate the shrimp in half the sauce for 15-30 minutes. Discard marinade.
- Over medium high heat in a 10" cast iron skillet, pan sear the shrimp in some oil. Sear them on both sides in batches until browned, about 1 minute per side.
- Using tongs, rub the shrimp into caramelized bits on the bottom of the pan. Remove from skillet and place in serving bowl.
- Cook remaining sauce in hot skillet. Sauté about 1 minute until thickening and bubbly. Drizzle sauce over shrimp and serve.
sourceThe Cooking Jar